How Can I Help as a Parent?
- Get to know your child’s teacher and actively participate with them in problem-solving discussions.
- Communicate your child's interests, strengths and weaknesses.
- If your child is receiving a Tier II or Tier III intervention, ask school staff what academic or behavioral area is being addressed and how your child’s progress is being monitored.
- Ask what you can do to be a part of the solution.
- Suggest strategies and interventions based on what you know works at home.
- Ask when the school will update them on the results of the intervention.
- Praise your child for any improvement in the area of concern.